https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsYC_Lf6JoSpecial Notice: Beginning Sunday, June 3rd, 2018, Meeting for Worship will permanently move to 11:00 AM. Everything except the time will remain the same.
LOWER COLUMBIA WORSHIP GROUP
Meeting for Worship gathers at 11:00 am each Sunday at the Ilwaco Community Center, 158 First Avenue North, Ilwaco, WA 98624
This month’s theme: Quakers and Immigration.
Some history and resources: http://www.quakersintheworld.org/quakers-in-action/164/-Immigration-and-Refugees
Sunday Oct 7th:
Meeting for Worship at 11:00 am to 11:45 pm followed by: Presentation: Quaker speak video.
Discussion: Quakers and Migrant Justice
Sunday Oct 14th:
Meeting for Worship at 11:00 am to 11:45 pm followed by: Guest Presentation, Maurice Warner and Dove John present on what FCNL is active in. Followed by: Social gathering with guests. Suggest the Lost Roo as a gathering place.
Sunday Oct 21st:
Meeting for Worship at 11:00 am to 11:45 pm followed by: Meeting for Business: Agenda items below.
Sunday Oct 28th:
Meeting for worship at 11:00 am to 11:45 pm followed by: Quaker Conversation.Queries on Immigration: (NPYM Faith and Practice.. Revised)
What we are doing as a Meeting:
How do we avoid being drawn into violent reactions against those who are destructive of human dignity? Do we reach out to the violator as well as the violated with courage and love?
Do I regularly examine myself for evidence of privilege and prejudice?
Meeting for Worship with a concern for business
- It is suggested that we create a Recorder position to take notes as necessary for the group, but especially during business meetings. Notes would be assembled and given to the Clerk for approval and distribution.
- The current Clerk is nearing the end of his season for the position (end of October). All options are open for this office, so please don’t exclude any ideas or thoughts. Please consider if you feel called to this work.
- Some discussion concerning selecting our focus words is necessary. Several sub-topics have been surfaced already:
- Sharing the responsibility by having others in the group select a topic, and present on that topic.
- Using some different sources such as Faith and Practice, and others.
- Allow longer periods of use for selected focus words.
- Christina has a suggestion for a different type of “Quaker Conversation” we might try. Her description and some discernment are appropriate.
- Any other items please bring with you or email to me and I’ll add them to the agenda.